Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is an Embedded Librarian?
Embedded Librarians are active participants in uLearn courses, providing instructional support to faculty and research assistance to students. The support can be customized to include:
- adding Library resources such as class and research guides
- providing students a convenient means to contact a librarian
- monitoring discussion boards and providing feedback
- posting tutorials relevant to assignments
- recommending library resources to complete assignments
- offering search strategies and tips for conducting research
- citation assistance
We work closely with faculty to provide customized services to support your students at their point of need.
Additional guides related to this topic:
Are Embedded Services Right for Your Course?
If your answer is yes to any of the following questions, embedding services and resources within your uLearn course might be for you.
Does your course have one or more of the following?
- an information literacy or a library instruction designation
- research assignment(s) or assignments that use library resources
- a writing emphasis
- an online or hybrid component
- goals to improve students' research skills
- require your students to keep up-to-date on industry news
- require a textbook
Not sure if your course is a good fit? Contact us and we can help!
Types of Embedded Resources & Services
There are a number of resources and services that can be embedded into your course. Each course can be customized to the needs of you and your students: