Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that offers a visual discovery, collection, sharing, and storage tool. Users create and share the collections of visual bookmarks (boards). Boards are created through a user selecting an item, page, website, etc. and pinning it to an existing or newly created board. (Source: Wikipedia)
Assignment Ideas & Examples
Why use Pinterest?
This free tool is a way to show rather than tell and where you can reach a wide audience.
- Students and other educators can participate with comments, repins and likes
- Boards and projects can be made to relate to any field of study
- Low learning curve to using Pinterest
- Group collaboration
- Available 24/7 and on mobile devices
- Short snippets of information in descriptions and comments
Alternatives to Pinterest
Alternatives to Pinterest will depend on the assignment and can include some of the following: